Antibiotice sales increased by 9% during the first quarter 2016 and the gross profit by 13%
According to the financial results communicated to the BSE, the value of the sales revenues achieved during the first semester of 2016 by Antibiotice was 143.8 million lei, up 9% compared to the same period of 2015.
Also, the gross profit for the first semester of 2016 indicated a positive trend, reaching 18.85 million lei, 13 percent higher compared to the gross profit for the first semester of 2015 when it was worth 16.63 level million lei.
The sales revenues increased by 3.5% on the domestic market
After the first six months of the year, Antibiotice reports a net figure of 89.4 million lei, up by 3.5% compared to the same period of 2015.
According to market research company Cegedim, during the first semester of this year, Antibiotice climbed one position compared to the year 2015 and occupies the 12th place among the 300 pharmaceutical companies that operate in Romania.
In this context, at the end of the first half of 2016 Antibiotice ranks among the elite of the five companies in the top 20 whose portfolio growths is compared to the same period in 2015.
5 new products assimilated in the company’s portfolio
• Soriso® tb – a product with adaptogenic role against various stress factors in maintaining physical and psychological balance of the human body;
• Fluxiv® tb – a product for the health of the vascular system;
• Zatinex® cps 30 mg, 60 mg (duloxetine) – a product used to treat depression and anxiety disorders;
• Escitalopram Atb® tb 10 mg – a product used to treat depression and anxiety disorders.
18% increase in export sales
The revenues from the sales in foreign markets during the first semester of 2016 were 54.5 million, up by 18% compared to 2015 when a value of 46.26 million lei was achieved. These results were obtained mainly from the recovery of the exported finished products.
Finished products – the engine of the export growth during the first 6 months
During the first semester of 2016, the export of finished products increased significantly.
The main increase was performed on the U.S. market where the deliveries have doubled compared to the reference period of 2015. Antibiotice exports to the US market anti-infective injectable products in the penicillin range. Also, there was a doubling of exports on the European market, while in other areas such as Russia CIS, the Middle East and the Southeast Asia exports remained relatively unchanged at the level of 2015 for reasons concerning the geopolitical situation in certain markets.
The highest increases were registered for the products in the form of injections (used in hospitals to treat infections), capsules and suppositories. “Given that the company began the project to build a new production plant for ointments and suppositories, the sales growth for these pharmaceutical formulations is the result of the strategy to increase their demand on external markets” said Mihai Stoian, Director of International Affairs.
35% advance in sales of Nystatin on the US market
The Nystatin active substance is still the main product of the company in the foreign markets. Following the approvals received by the end users in the US market, the Nystatin exports to this market increased during the first semester of 2016 by 35% compared to last year. Also in this period the supplies on the company’s traditional markets in Asia, Latin America and Europe were maintained.
Antibiotice during the first semester of 2016
– 4th largest producer of generic prescription drugs and of drugs without prescription (OTC) in Romania;
– The leader in terms of the therapeutic units sold in the form of injectable dosage form of powders – market share of 75.7%;
– The leader of the Romanian ointments market – 27.8% market share;
– The leader of the Romanian suppository market – 42.3% market share;
– The main manufacturer of generic drugs for consumption in hospitals;
– The sales revenues increased by 9% compared to the first semester of 2015;
– The gross profit was up by 13% compared to the first semester of 2015;
– The operating profit increased by 10% compared to the first semester 2015.
For more information, please see the Directors’ Report for the first semester of 2016 on the website of the Bucharest Stock Exchange www.bvb.ro, the Financial Supervision Authority www.asfromania.ro or on the website of Antibiotice SA, under the “Investors” section www.antibiotice.ro